a_belladonna: (Default)
[personal profile] a_belladonna
Now that I'm back home from the Christmas-celebrations, I have time to post a little about Yuletide.

This year I received a wonderful Tintin-fic! :)

Tintin in the Bay (3746 words, Gen.)
Summary: Tintin comes to San Francisco chasing a story with the bonus of seeing his friend Tchang, who's found some new opportunities.
But since Tintin is, well, Tintin, of course his stay in San Francisco ends up involving more than just breakfast at American diners and visiting the Golden Gate bridge...

The fic even comes with a little doodle and hand-drawn vignettes between the paragraphs :D And the writer went with the "Haddock is Belgian"-theory/reading :D
(I could write about it at length, but the short version is that despite Haddock's name appearing English, I personally don't see any indications in the canon that he is anything but Belgian. In the original, French version his ancestor Francois de Hadoque is also gifted Moulinsart by king Louis of France.)
And as I wrote in my comment at AO3, it makes a lot of sense to have Tchang in San Francisco...I could easily see London becoming too small for him, somehow.

Profile

a_belladonna: (Default)
a_belladonna

March 2025

S M T W T F S
      1
234 5678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 11:04 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios