An icon meme from
trobadora:
1. Comment to this entry saying 'Today we're cancelling the apocalypse' and I will pick 3 of your icons/userpics.
2. Make an entry in your own journal (or just reply if you prefer) and talk about the icons I picked.
trobadora picked the following three (from my LJ):

Back in 2005 (or perhaps earlier, in 2004?)
mctabby made a post where she "translated" different, military handsignals to fannish concepts (I also have one about mpreg and another about fuh-q-fests).
femmequixotic made them into icons/userpics. This one is almost self-explanatory: I really like Severus Snape, and 90% of the fic and art I've done in HP fandom has been about him. :)

Another old icon - the reference to Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" gives it away. ;) A user on LJ, Red Scharlach, did a bunch of drawings where they combined different, popular songs or artists with characters from HP (I also have one where The White Stripes are combined with a reference to the house elves). I'm mainly using it because I think the combination of a dementor with the message "I'm beautiful in every single way" is rather funny, at least to me.

It's a baby seal. Need I say more? :) It's just too adorable not to use when saying hello to someone. :D
ETA: I hope you can see the icons. For some reason I'm unable to on this browser, but when I checked in another, it worked just fine.
1. Comment to this entry saying 'Today we're cancelling the apocalypse' and I will pick 3 of your icons/userpics.
2. Make an entry in your own journal (or just reply if you prefer) and talk about the icons I picked.
Back in 2005 (or perhaps earlier, in 2004?)
Another old icon - the reference to Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" gives it away. ;) A user on LJ, Red Scharlach, did a bunch of drawings where they combined different, popular songs or artists with characters from HP (I also have one where The White Stripes are combined with a reference to the house elves). I'm mainly using it because I think the combination of a dementor with the message "I'm beautiful in every single way" is rather funny, at least to me.
It's a baby seal. Need I say more? :) It's just too adorable not to use when saying hello to someone. :D
ETA: I hope you can see the icons. For some reason I'm unable to on this browser, but when I checked in another, it worked just fine.
no subject
Date: 2020-04-10 05:34 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2020-04-10 05:46 pm (UTC)I just checked, btw. The Snape-icon is from January 2005! :o