*flops down exhaustedly*
I did it! I managed to do a bingo fill, in my first ever attempt at participating in a bingo challenge! It did get a little too close for comfort, however, because of my illness in late August/early September which killed my inspiration somewhat. But somehow I managed to dig deep and find it in me to write the two last fics within the last 4-5 days. They haven't been beta-read, though.
Thank you so much,
paulamcg and
delphi for your beta-reading! Also I have to thank my RL friend J for all his support and general feedback (via Messenger) he gave. OTOH he also owes me one, given how much I've been supporting him with his band project. ;)
And my boss, for his feedback on the non-smutty parts of the fics.
I'll be making separate posts the next couple of days for the individual fics.
Also: GIP, haha. Finally I managed to make this icon - the (only?) canonical incidence of a male Roman kissing a male Gaul. ;) (I can reveal so much that in the next frame Obelix reacts by slapping the Roman, of course, even though the poor Roman was only following Caesar's orders about respecting the Gauls' traditions...)
I did it! I managed to do a bingo fill, in my first ever attempt at participating in a bingo challenge! It did get a little too close for comfort, however, because of my illness in late August/early September which killed my inspiration somewhat. But somehow I managed to dig deep and find it in me to write the two last fics within the last 4-5 days. They haven't been beta-read, though.
Thank you so much,
And my boss, for his feedback on the non-smutty parts of the fics.
I'll be making separate posts the next couple of days for the individual fics.
Also: GIP, haha. Finally I managed to make this icon - the (only?) canonical incidence of a male Roman kissing a male Gaul. ;) (I can reveal so much that in the next frame Obelix reacts by slapping the Roman, of course, even though the poor Roman was only following Caesar's orders about respecting the Gauls' traditions...)
no subject
Date: 2020-09-30 06:06 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2020-09-30 06:29 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2020-09-30 08:11 pm (UTC)Triumphing in the face of adversity is always a lovely feeling!
no subject
Date: 2020-10-01 07:54 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2020-10-03 05:13 pm (UTC)Finishing and beginning projects are the feelings I live for, I absolutely get this!
no subject
Date: 2020-09-30 08:55 pm (UTC)I'm looking forward to the fill(s). Also, yay for feedback/professional info from people outside fandom, ah haha! I have this mate working at the uni in the Scandinavian department, and he has to sieve through scientific journals and stuff-- only because I got Heimdall assigned at Yuletide once, and was like, "uh, right. I have literally zero grip on him. I need some more material." :D
no subject
Date: 2020-10-01 07:58 pm (UTC)Also, yay for feedback/professional info from people outside fandom, ah haha!
It's really nice, actually! In the case of my friend it's just nice to get a man's perspective on my characters' reactions and feelings - do they seem off to him, for instance. And my boss has just read a lot of books, so he knows what works or doesn't and what cliches to avoid. :)
he has to sieve through scientific journals and stuff
He probably thinks it's fun, though. :) I know I would think so if someone asked me about something. What did you find out about Heimdall, then? :)
First fill is coming up, btw.